Air conditioning can be the major part of a family’s energy usage. It also costs a lot. Everyone wants to save money and energy on their ducted air conditioning. You just need to follow a few simple steps for saving money and energy. In this article, I will write about some tips to help you save money and energy on your ducted air conditioning.
Energy Saving Tips on Ducted Air Conditioning
The following tips should help you to save money and energy on your ducted air conditioning.
- You should choose the right air conditioner for your home. Choose the air conditioning based on size and location of your rooms and your daily needs. It is even possible to get the same benefits of ducted air conditioning with smaller units, if the system is properly planned. They are also cheaper to run.
- You should locate your air conditioning units for best advantage. Place the units where there is access and clear from obstructions.
- After choosing the appropriate air conditioning system, choose the best possible location for the unit. Find an area with sufficient ventilation and preferably in the shade for outdoor air conditioners. Place indoor air conditioning units in a place with plenty of circulation and no major obstacles.
- Some modern air conditioning system have recommended energy saving temperature settings for different seasons of the year. You should try to find a comfortable temperature, which will be a little warmer during summer and cooler in the winter. Find the right balance between a comfortable thermostat setting while keeping your system efficient. Then, you can save significant amount of energy bills.
- You should get regular air conditioning maintenance. This way, it will operate more efficiently.
Money Saving Tips on Ducted Air Conditioning
Keep the following tips in mind to save energy on your ducted air conditioning.
- You should not have the air conditioning going constantly. This way, you can save money while using it. You need to give the machine a rest and use it in smaller and shorter intervals. Then, you you can maximize its effectiveness and save money.
- You can use the option of pre-cooling on really hot days. Turn the unit on the night before, and have the house cooled down overnight. Then, the next morning and afternoon, the temperature will be lower and comfortable.
- Poor seals on your doors and windows can waste a lot of energy on your ducted air conditioning. Without proper seals, even the best air conditioner will not work properly. Thus, a lot of money and energy will be wasted.
- With a roof ventilator, you can make the most of your money. Heat will get stored on a roof space. It costs you time and money and keeps your home warmer. A roof ventilator will push out all the hot air and replace them with cool, refreshing air.
The above-mentioned tips are very useful. They will help you to save money and energy on your ducted air conditioning.